Straightforward and Transparent
Your privacy is important to us. We know that’s what all these notices say, but at Cleaning Doctor Ltd we mean it. You’ve placed your trust in us by either enquiring about our services, or the opportunity to research what it is to own a Cleaning Doctor franchise. For that we assure you that we are committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal data you give us.
This document describes how we use and process your personal data (information), and we hope you’ll agree it is done in a straightforward and transparent manner with no silly jargon! As an added bonus, we will give you details on how you can contact us if you have any questions about your personal data, which we will be more than happy to answer.
What we collect
- Email address
- Home or Business address
- Phone Number
How do we get your personal data?
- When you fill in the lead enquiry form on our franchise recruitment website.
- When you call us to make an enquiry.
- When you fill in an enquiry form on the Franchise Direct
- When you fill in an enquiry form on the Franchise Opportunities Hub
- When you fill in a Confidential Information Form when you wish to submit an application form to own a Cleaning Doctor franchise.
- We receive personal data from Guardsman. You may have taken out a Guardsman Insurance policy on your home furnishings in stores such as DFS, EZ Living, SCS etc. Guardsman will in turn assign the insurance job to Cleaning Doctor Ltd, then we will send your details to the relevant technician in your locality to complete the service request.
- We also receive personal data from Independent Inspections who have received your personal data from home or property insurance companies, to assign a technician to inspect any claim for damage. The information is sent to Cleaning Doctor Ltd and we then relay this information to a qualified technician to complete the inspection as requested.
What do we do with your personal data?
When enquiring about a franchise – We require this information to check if we have a Cleaning Doctor opportunity in your area, then to contact you, and assess your background and suitability. We’ll do the following:
- Use your address to check initially if we have an opportunity in your area.
- If you have filled in the lead enquiry form on our recruitment website, we will then put your details into the Salesforce system. Salesforce is the world’s number 1 Customer relationship management (CRM) system (more on this later).
- We will contact you via telephone initially and after that via both telephone and email, as we get to know you and assess your suitability and you discover if you wish to proceed with an application.
- We will then use your Confidential Information Form (application) to contact your nominated references to discuss your application.
- When we receive it from Guardsman or Independent Inspections, as discussed previously we send it on to your local technician.
We are committed to ensuring your information is secure. In accordance with European data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the information we collect online. Our emails are password protected, and we have anti-virus protection. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work. The Salesforce system is a cloud-based system which follows all EU GDPR guidelines and we assure you your information is safe there. Any correspondence that we have with a potential and then existing franchisee is kept in secure files on our server or in hard copy folders in a locked filing cabinet.
Personal data of children
The only time we will collect the data of children is in the Confidential Information Form, where we ask about your family background. We are a family brand and firmly believe that a solid family support structure is imperative to the success of the Cleaning Doctor Network.
To process your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases:
- Performance of a contract: It may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you wish to proceed with an application, we will use your information to carry out our obligation and provide the desired services and administer this under the verbal contract and possible future signed legal contract we have agreed or may agree with you.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with additional support and guidance from existing Cleaning Doctor franchisees in the early stages. This however, will only be done with your consent.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
As mentioned previously, we can receive your personal data from Franchise Direct when you fill in an enquiry form on their website. We then add you to our Salesforce CRM system. This is a great platform to manage our relationship. We will track correspondence which has gone to you via email, we can plan telephone calls / meetings and follow your application process.
We can receive your personal data from Guardsman and Independent Inspections relating to insurance policies you may have. They will send us your details so that we can assign a technician to go to your property and either inspect for insurance purposes or carry out repairs to your property or furnishings. We will pass your details to the local technician as he will require these to visit your home. The technician then will submit a report to us when the work is complete, and we will in turn submit that report back to the relevant authority (i.e. Guardsman or Independent Inspections).
When the job is complete we will no longer require your personal data and will dispose of any correspondence as a result.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest (currently YouTube). However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
To learn more about cookies and how to manage or delete them, simply visit allaboutcookies.org and the help section of your browser.
How can you control the personal data you have given to Cleaning Doctor Ltd?
You have the right to review personal data we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you.
A final note…
From reading this policy you will see that your privacy is extremely important to us so, if you think we’re not handling your data properly we want you to tell us. We will always respect how you want us to use your details.